In this intensive learning program, we will teach your dog all of the manners he needs to be a polite member of society. If you want a dog who will walk nicely on leash, come whenever you call, stay where you tell him, wait politely at doors, and greet other people and dogs with impeccable manners – this is the program for you! Our professional trainers will teach your dog (and you!) the skills he needs to be a welcome guest at home and in public, as well as a joy to be around.
The specific skills we teach include:
- Name recognition
- Sit and Lie Down on cue (and stay in place until you release him)
- Sit and wait at doors
- Automatically check in with you after going through doors
- Crate training
- Wait patiently while the crate door is opened
- “Kennel up” on cue
- Indoor recall (come when called, even when playing with his dog friends)
- Leave it (don’t touch dropped food, leave garbage alone on walks)
- Place (go to a mat or bed and stay there)
- Polite leash manners (including positive introduction to a head halter or harness)
- Greet people politely (no jumping!)
- Play with other dog friends
- Positive exposure to new surfaces, obstacles, sights, smells, and sounds.
Your dog will receive four daily, personalized one-on-one training sessions with a professional dog trainer, as well as two daily, personalized socialization sessions. These often include field trips to new locations so that we can reinforce your dog’s skills around new sights, sounds, and smells. In addition to training and socialization, we make sure that each dog receives an appropriate amount of physical exercise each day so that they’re pleasantly tired when you pick them up in the evening.
Throughout this entire process, we keep you in the loop with daily report cards covering everything your dog did during the day, as well as a secret Facebook group where we post regular training videos and photos so that you can keep up-to-date on your dog’s adventures! We also send home a brief (5-10 minute long) homework assignment each night so that you will learn as your dog learns, for a lifetime of good habits. Canine University is a training school that you and your dog will both love!
Canine University is a four-week-long program which costs $1200.00. Dogs must be up-to-date on vaccinations, comfortable in a crate, and friendly with both people and other dogs to qualify for this program. (Not quite there yet? Consider our private training lessons instead.)
Ready to enroll? Fill out your dog’s personalized profile here to reserve their spot in an upcoming session!